Online Roulette Strategy
Online roulette games are very widespread in all the modern casinos. Blaise Pascal is the inventor of that game. He created a primitive version of it in the 18th century. The game was changed substantially within many years, but it is based anyways on that initial Roulette, called “little wheel” in French. Since its invention, the game was played exclusively by French royalty. One urban legend says even that the game is owned by the devil. According to that legend, Francois Blanc arranged with the devil for getting the secrets of the game and winning constantly. Such legends show that the game of Roulette was and still is really popular.
Roulette Game Rules
Roulette wheel is large and contains 37 (European roulette) or 38 (American roulette) spaces, with numbers from 0 to 36, and an additional 00 spaces in American roulette. The zero spaces are green, the rest are red and black.
The dealer should spin the wheel; after that, the ball will land into one of the spaces. Your task is to predict where exactly the ball lands.
Players bet before the wheel spins. The wagers can be made on separate numbers or on their combination.
Players are entitled to keep betting until the ball is put to the wheel, and even when the ball’s spinning already, until the dealer calls the bets off. The moment the ball falls and rests in the pocket, the winning number and the color are to be called out. Winning bets are protected by markers. The rest of the wagers are to be swept off the table and the winners are to get the winnings.
Best Online Roulette Casinos
The bets are to be made and changed from the first second of the wheel spin till the dealer’s phrase “No more bets, please”.
There exist two types of bets: inside and outside ones.
Outside bets are to be made on the circumference of the roulette table:
- Red/black – even money bet (1:1), the chances of winning are 50/50
- Even/odd – even money bet, there is no 50/50 winning odds because of zeroes
- High/low – even money bets, numbers 1-18 are low, and 19-36 are high
- Column bets – 1st – 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, and 34, 2nd – 2, 5, 8, 11, 14, 17, 20, 23, 26, 29, 32, and 35, and 3rd – 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, and 36.
- Dozens – 1-12, 13-24 and 25-36.
The inside bets are made from inside the square:
- Straight up – wagers on any number.
- Split – a wager on the line separating two numbers.
- Street – a wager on a number within a 3 numbers row.
- Corner – 4-number or square wager.
There are other bets as well, such as 5-number bet, basket, snake bet, call bets, neighbors of zero, zero game, thirds of the wheel, orphans and neighbors.
How to Play Roulette and Win
Here are few simple steps for successful play:
- Practice at free table first, without making money wagers.
- Pick European roulette, not American one, while 00 lowers your winning chances.
- Make sure to choose a proven online casino with RNG.
- Bet only the amount you afford.
- Withdraw your profits at once. Thus, you started to play with CAD50 and end up with CAD100, then withdraw your CAD50 profit to keep it separate and keep playing with the initial amount.
- Make outside bets, they have lower return ratio, but the chances of winning are higher.
Despite of the fact, there are some Roulette variations; the strategy for successful play is still almost the same.
- Double up or Martingale Strategy. When betting on black/red or odd/even, try every time you lose to double the initial amount for wagering on the same color. Start with minimum amount possible. It works well in short terms, while the more time you play, the more you lose.
- The Grand Martingale Strategy. That’s similar to the first one, but the distinction is when double up, add another unit.
- James Bond Strategy. It means total bet is CAD200: CAD140 on high numbers (19-36), CAD50 on 13-18 and the rest CAD10 on zero. This raises the winnings odds a lot.
- En prison rule. It concerns only European roulette, and not very often. It helps reducing the house edge to 1.35% for even money bets. The principle is like that: you make a wager on red, and the ball lands on zero, your CAD10 are kept by the house and the ball keeps spinning. In case it lands on red, you get your CAD10 back. You might not win, but you will not lose too!
Free Roulette Games
If you have no experience or do not like spending money on games, just are a thrill lover, you might try online roulette totally for free! Usually no registration is needed. There is the one circumstance you should pay attention to, pick a good online casino, which would be licensed and regulated by United Kingdom Gambling Commission. And a perfect wheel spin is guaranteed!